Setting up of Gaming Companies
The Remote Gaming sector is one of the most (if not the most) dynamic and the fastest-growing gaming sector in Malta.
The concept of establishing an efficient and effective gaming entity in Malta is attractive for an abundant of reasons that would confidently include the facts that Malta is an EU member state, has adopted the Euro as its currency, is geographically positioned at the centre of the Mediterranean Sea and is represented by a diverse, highly-skilled and multilingual workforce driven by a professional work ethic.
BDO Malta has, for several years, acted as auditors, tax advisers and consultants to numerous Maltese and international gaming and betting companies, both private and publicly quoted. We also have extensive experience in advising such businesses during the application process required to obtain a remote gaming licence and accordingly assist with all of the information and documentation required by the Malta Gaming Authority.
At application stage, the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) assesses whether an applicant:
- Is fit and proper to conduct gaming business.
- Is correctly prepared from a business strategy perspective.
- Has the operational and statutory requirements to meet the obligations prescribed by law and policy.
- Has correctly implemented and tested, on a technical environment, what has been applied for, before going live.
In addition to regular auditing, accounting and taxation matters, we have extensive experience of advising and assisting gaming entities with:
- Business and strategic planning
- Facilitate data-centre requirements
- International tax planning and structuring
- Corporate financing
- Property and corporate acquisitions and disposals
- IT controls, environment reviews and systems improvement advice
- Act regulations and compliance
For further information please feel free to download our iGaming brochure.