Malta’s continued success in the aviation industry can be attributed to investments which have been made in different areas some of which include aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) operations, production of aircraft components, flight-training, research and development and further investments in airside facilities (Safi Aviation Park). Since the implementation of the Aircraft Registration Act, Malta has continued to update and develop its policies and legislation and, as a result, it is regarded as having a robust and contemporary legislative framework.
How can BDO help?
Our team of legal professionals have the requisite knowledge and the experience to provide aviation companies, investors and owners with a wide-range of services such as:
- Air Operator Certificate ('AOC') and Air Operator Licence ('AOL') registrations
- Sale and purchase of aircrafts and jets
- Financing, including the drafting and reviewing of facility agreements, security agreements and any other ancillary documentation required to enter the relevant financing transaction
- Statutory mortgages and other forms of registered encumbrances
- Lease and Chartering Agreements
- Crewing and employment matters.