The Employment and Industrial Relations Act, Chapter 452 of the Laws of Malta, together with the extensive number of regulations which have been enacted throughout the years, in order to regulate both the public and private sectors of employment in Malta, place rigorous demands on employers, making it necessary for employers to seek external legal assistance to ensure that they are compliant with the most recent legislative requirements.
Our Legal Professionals at BDO Malta have the necessary expertise required to assist employers in a vast array of matters relating to employment and labour law. The services offered by our legal professionals in respect of employment and industrial relations matters include the following:
- Drafting of Employment agreements and employee handbooks implementing and enforcing policies (including confidentiality, data protection, leave entitlements, use of company property) which are tailor-made for our clients’ needs;
- Industry-specific conditions of employment;
- Implementation of suitable incentive schemes;
- Data protection and privacy issues in relation to employment;
- Providing assistance with regards to the transfer of employees between undertakings;
- Assistance and providing legal advice with regards to resignations, dismissals and redundancies.