The yachting industry has continued to be an ever-growing industry in Malta due to its central Mediterranean location and because of the fiscal incentives granted for income derived by Maltese flagged vessels. With years of experience in accounting, auditing and tax advisory, merged with a professional legal team fully conversant in national maritime regulations, we are confident that BDO is the ideal choice for all those seeking maritime & yacthing services in Malta.
What are the advantages of registering your yacht in Malta?
- Key Geographical Position
- Largest register in Europe and the world’s 6th largest register
- Constantly updated legislation
- Ample training and crew management resources and services
- Wide range of general yachting services including a large number of marinas
- No restrictions on owner and crew nationality
- International recognition
- Fiscal incentives
- Lower costs in comparison with other jurisdictions
- A Signatory member to the IMO as well a member state of the European Union (EU)
- Ongoing investments within the industry
- Authority is available 24/7
How can BDO help you?
We offer the following services for the yachting industry:
- Yacht Registration services for both pleasure and commercial yachts
- Company Formation Services and other administrative services
- Legal services relating to yacht sales and purchases, financing, corporate structures, securities, chartering and other related matters.
- Advisory services relating to VAT, including VAT leasing and tonnage tax registration.
- Advisory services relating to Yacht Customs Importation.
- Advisory services relating to crew and crew employment contracts.
- Provision of resident agent services.