Following the press conference held by the Prime Minister, the Deputy Prime Minister and the Superintendent of Public Health on the 18th May 2020, the below listed legal notices were issued to reflect Malta’s plan to enter into the ‘transition phase’, during which health services may resume and business may start operating once again after a number of weeks on halt due to restrictions implemented as a result of the COVID-19 spread.
- Legal Notice 202 of 2020 – Closure of Non-Essential Retail Outlets and Outlets Providing Non-Essential Services (Amendment No. 2) Order, 2020
This Legal Notice revokes the closure of hairdressers, barbers, beauticians, nail artists and nail technicians as from the 22nd May 2020. Such order of closure has not been revoked for spas and tattooists.
- Legal Notice 203 of 2020 - General Provisions applying to the Suspension of Legal and Judicial Times (Amendment No.2) Regulations, 2020
By virtue of this Legal Notice, the suspension of the performance of obligations relation to a registered promise of sale agreement and the expiration of a promise of sale duly registered shall remain in force for twenty (20) days after the 22nd May 2020.
- Legal Notice 204 of 2020 – Closure of Places Open to the Public (Amendment No. 3) Order, 2020
This Legal Notice revokes the closure of restaurants, cafeterias, snack bars, open-air markets, clubs, and outdoor swimming pools, as from the 22nd May 2020. Upon opening, these establishments shall be subject to the applicable measures of social distancing.
- Legal Notice 205 of 2020 – Suspension of Organised Events (Amendment) Order, 2020
By virtue of this Legal Notice, as from the 22nd May 2020, sports activities organised in accordance with the list issued by the Superintendent of Public Health for individual and group training of not more than six (6) persons in open spaces shall be allowed.
- Legal Notice 206 of 2020 – Smoking in Public (Amendment) Regulations, 2020
This Legal Notice adds a new regulation stating that no one shall be allowed to smoke any tobacco products in places where food is being served or within the parameters of places where food is served. Such smoking shall be allowed if it is done ten (10) metres away from the place where food is being served.
- Legal Notice 208 of 2020 – Number of Persons in Public Spaces (Increase in Number of Persons) (Amendment) Order, 2020
By virtue of this Legal Notice, as from the 22nd May 2020, the number of persons allowed in groups in public spaces shall be increased to six (6).
Visit the BDO Malta Crisis Hub for more information or get in touch here:
Is this regarding a RFP?: