BDO Horizons 2019 - Issue 3
23 August 2019
Original content provided by BDO Ireland
Welcome to the third edition of Horizons 2019, in which BDO M&A professionals around the world present their insights on mid-market deal activity and trends.
There is understandable uncertainty within the UK and Irish deal-making community as well as that of inbound investors surrounding the outcome and consequences of the ongoing Brexit negotiations.
The first half of 2019 saw a decline in both deal volumes and values for UK & Ireland, as seen in the Mergermarket data behind the PE/TRADE VOLUME & VALUE graph below. The second quarter of 2019 saw a 9% decline in deal values for UK & Ireland, while the deal numbers showed a 6% increase vs. the first quarter of 2019.
Issue 3 of 2019 also includes:
· Global view – With lower deal volumes, is this a new global paradigm or the shorter-term impact of global trade tensions?
· Special feature – Mineral-rich Australian state entices international investors
· North America – M&A plagues by volatile markets and growing economic and political concerns
· Natural Resources – Macroeconomic events continue to influence mid-market M&A activity, as ongoing speculation on a trade war continue to impact markets in volatile ways
· Healthcare – Sector maintains consistent global deal volumes boosted by a number of recent mega deals
· Technology & Media – Leading sector in a period of subdued global M&A activity
· Consumer & Retail – Technology transform the retail experience as millennials come of age.
Click DOWNLOAD to view the full report.