Senior Risk and Compliance Officer
22 January 2020
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Contact: Marceline Galea
BDO Malta is seeking a Senior Risk and Compliance Officer to join the team.
At BDO, you will gain exposure to an international environment leading to very good career progression prospects and continuing professional development exposure. This is a full-time position within a team of like-minded professionals, already engaged to provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-size companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients in virtually all industries.
We utilise a vast network of resources, drawing upon diverse experiences to ensure our clients’ meet increasingly challenging regulatory and business requirements.
The Employee will be assisting the Risk & Compliance department in relation to:
- The Employee will be responsible mainly for the firm’s adherence to ISQC 1, SFQR, CFQR:
- Implementing policies and procedures to promote internal culture of quality of engagement
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of regulatory compliance control on all service lines
- Ensuring that the firm and its personnel comply with the relevant ethical requirements
- Ensuring that the firm and its personnel maintain independence where required
- Identifying, evaluating and eliminating circumstances and relationships that are a threat to independence
- Ensuring acceptance and continuance of client relationships and specific engagements (ethical requirements and integrity of the clients)
- Recognizing areas within an organisation that could prove vulnerable or risky with regard to prevailing regulations
- Implementing a process of monitoring confidentiality, safe custody, integrity, accessibility and retrievability of engagement documentation
- Monitoring the overall firm’s quality control policies and procedures
- Monitoring and guiding junior team members and coordinating work to ensure team efficiency and team progress
- Investigating and maintaining appropriate reporting systems when deficiencies are identified and preventing their future occurrences
- Responding to legal enquiries from governing boards or other regulatory authorities
- Developing a compliance communication network that is easy to access by employees
- Providing guidance to various departments when required
- Working with human resources to create awareness programmes among employees
- Communicating and explaining policies to all staff member
- Keeping oneself up to date with all new regulations and requirements
- The duties of the Employee shall also include other duties which fall within the competence of the Employee which the Employer may assign from time to time
- The employee within this position works closely with the senior management team to ensure appropriate training and experience leading to his/her progression to a management position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience within a compliance department would be considered an asset
- Must have good computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office applications
- Good command of English language
- Good eye for detail.
BDO - Helping people achieve their dreams!