Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
15 February 2019
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer
Contact: Ivan Spiteri
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
BDO Malta is currently seeking an experienced Dynamics NAV Consultant \ Developer to join our ERP Solutions team. As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to engage with customers to understand their challenges or new requirements and take those needs from a technical perspective from development all the way to delivering them to the live environment. The ability to understand & ramp-up on a solution, analytical thinking, problem solving and to prioritize would be keys to success in this role. This role will allow a consultant to engage & further develop through exposure to many solutions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
· Development, testing & implementation on MS Dynamics NAV;
· C/AL Programming;
· Integration between NAV & other systems;
· Configuring NAV reporting functions;
· Creation & scheduling of daily/monthly processes to populate reporting tables;
· Creation, maintenance & querying of databases through MS SQL Server;
· Understanding of the solutions from both the customer business and functional point of view
· Deliver on development activities on time and on budget per agreed to plan with the highest level of quality while producing code that is secure, reliable, reusable and scalable
· Provision of support and training to end users;
· Proactively find solutions and manage problems
· Proactively identify areas for improvement, seek solutions and make recommendations
· Remain up to date on development technologies, both current and future
Professional experience and qualifications
· General Financial Background and understanding
· MS Dynamics NAV Development and analytical skills
· Experience of MS Dynamics NAV Implementations and upgrades.
· Experience with RDL Reporting, Jet Reports, SQL, Web services, Excel
· Strong communication skills
· Team Player
· Ability to work under pressure
The ideal candidate will be required to hold development skills in C/AL and basic accounting concepts, while a Microsoft Certification in NAV development with experience in NAV customizations on Microsoft Dynamics NAV is considered an asset.
In addition to competitive base salaries, BDO provides excellent mentorship support, opportunities for advancement and many other rewards. At BDO we are committed to the growth of our people. As part of our team, you can expect in-depth training and career development, diverse assignments and client exposure.