Cyber Security Consultant
10 January 2020
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Cyber Security Consultant
Contact: Marceline Galea
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. Our friendly and inclusive culture is built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationship helping you reach your maximum potential.
As part of the Technology Risk Advisory team at BDO, we are looking for an individual with at least three years’ advisory and security consulting experience to join the dynamic advisory team as a Cyber Security Consultant in a client facing consultancy role.
We are looking to recruit an individual with a good understanding of the fundamentals of IT/Information/Cyber security to effectively deliver an increasing portfolio of work. The role will typically focus on performing IT and cyber controls gap/maturity assessments and control reviews as well as more technically focused technology assessments. The role will also involve supporting the Advisory Technology team as they look to develop the proposition and grow the business.
The opportunities to develop are significant and appropriate support will be provided, including training.
- Deliver Cyber/IT Security reviews and advisory assignments to a high standard
- Understanding of business context and requirements for security controls and able to articulate security risk to non-technical and technical audiences
- Help deliver internal/external/application penetration testing
- Discuss findings with clients and obtain their buy-in to a proposed way forward.
- Keep Managers, Leadership team and colleagues up to date with status, findings and the implications from the work
- Ensure excellent client service
- Continue to develop relevant skills and capabilities
- Assist and up skill more junior staff on client engagements
- Build relationships internally, with promotion of the Cyber/IT Security services important to creating growth
- Support in the development of new propositions, delivery of the marketing plan and business development strategy
- CISSP/CISM/CISA (Exam qualified)
- Experience in an information technology/ cyber security (consultancy experience) or IT audit role
- Experience performing IT audits and/ or cyber control gap assessments
- Excellent team player but also confident working on own initiative
- A strong understanding of network infrastructure such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers, LANs, Intrusion Detection, vulnerability scanning etc.
- A good understanding of cyber security concepts and systems/solutions such as IDM, DLP, SIEM SOC, SSO etc.
- A good understanding of Vulnerability and Risk Assessment approaches and methodologies
- Good understanding of the Cyber Security Strategy good practice frameworks (for example, the Cyber Security Essentials NIST CSF, CIS top 20)
- Flexibility to travel on international assignments
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral) and first rate interpersonal skills at all levels. Able to explain technological concepts and risks to non-technological audiences.
In addition to an industry-competitive salary package, BDO offers an environment that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
We offer the exciting opportunities, personal development, and long-term growth that only a growing firm like BDO Malta can provide. We are committed to your ongoing progress to help you achieve a unique and refined skill-set. In addition, we take pride in offering health, wellbeing and workplace benefit programs, as well as the range of social activities.
At BDO, you will enjoy coming to work, collaborating within a community of like-minded professionals.
BDO - Helping people achieve their dreams!