Compliance Advisory Consultant
18 March 2021
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Risk and Compliance Officer
Contact: Marceline Galea
At BDO, you will gain exposure to an international environment leading to very good career progression prospects and continuing professional development exposure. This is a full-time position within a team of like-minded professionals, already engaged to provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-sized companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients across virtually all industries.
A vacancy for the position of an AML Compliance Advisory Consultant has arisen within our Compliance Advisory Department. The role is an exciting opportunity for ideal candidates to get involved and build a consulting career in challenging areas, across a number of regulated industries.
- Assist clients develop an understanding of AML/CFT processes and controls, and support in assessing their effectiveness in mitigating AML/CFT compliance-related risks;
- Carry out AML/CFT compliance-related audits and/or assessments;
- Assist clients with AML/CFT compliance related queries;
- Assist clients in dealing with regulators;
- Assist in the preparation of customer risk assessments and business risk assessments;
- Deliver AML/CFT training and awareness sessions; and
- Assist in the drafting of relevant AML/CFT related policies and procedures.
- Hold a university degree or equivalent in a legal, criminology or compliance related discipline;
- Have up to three years’ experience in an AML/CFT or regulatory compliance role;
- Have a clear understanding of all AML/CFT compliance-related laws and regulations;
- Have a passion for regulation and compliance;
- Possess an understanding of regulatory compliance, investigations, and audits;
- Have strong English written and verbal communication skills;
- Feel comfortable presenting to and dealing in a professional manner with customers;
- Have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks and projects;
- Possess the propensity and willingness to take a proactive approach with minimal supervision;
- Is self-motivated, drive to excellence and a keen eye for detail; and
- Have the willingness to learn and aptitude for acquiring new competencies.