16 July 2020
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Auditor
Reference: 2019 - 07
Contact: Marceline Galea
There are several world-class Audit and Advisory Firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, euros or cents, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
Due to its continuous investment and growth, BDO Malta is seeking to recruit an Auditor.
- Complete small audits with minimal supervision
- Act as an in-charge on large audits and oversee the work performed by junior members of staff to ensure that the work done is in accordance with the BDO Audit Methodology
- Be familiar and experienced in the use standards and regulations governing the profession (IFRS, GAPSME, ISA, Companies Act)
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients and ensure client satisfaction, on both quality and delivery
- Monitor the progress of the engagement team against the plan and alter it when needed
- Effectively utilize advanced capabilities of audit technology tools and other firm standard software to meet engagement objectives and enhance service delivery
- Communicate ideas/opinions and information to the audit team and listen/respond to other team members views
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members
- Be conscious of professional liability
- Refer ethical, independence and conflict issues associated with clients and assignments to the Manager
- Demonstrate project management skills and effectively manage their own time across different engagements
- Develop understanding of client industries and identify value added recommendations + ensure being up to date on the continuously changing industries in which the firm’s clients form part of
- To assist manager in reviewing the audit work from planning through to execution and completion stage
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience working in Audit required;
- In the process of obtaining an ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent qualification;
- Completely fluent in the English language and preferably Maltese;
- Strong communicator and self-motivated;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. Our friendly and inclusive culture is built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationship helping you reach your maximum potential.
In addition to an industry-competitive salary package, BDO offers an environment that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
We offer the exciting opportunities, personal development, and long-term growth that only a growing firm like BDO Malta can provide. We are committed to your ongoing progress to help you achieve a unique and refined skill-set. In addition, we take pride in offering health, wellbeing and workplace benefit programs, as well as the range of social activities. At BDO, you will enjoy coming to work, collaborating within a community of like-minded professionals.