02 December 2022
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Internal Auditor
Contact: Marie Clare Cilia
At BDO, you will gain exposure to an international environment leading to very good career progression prospects and continuing professional development exposure.
This is a full-time position within a team of like-minded professionals, already engaged to provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-sized companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients across virtually all industries.
We utilize a vast network of resources, drawing upon diverse experiences to ensure our clients meet increasingly challenging regulatory and business requirements.
About the role
A vacancy for the position of an Internal Auditor has arisen within our Risk Advisory Department. The role is an exciting opportunity for ideal candidates to get involved and build a consulting career in challenging areas, across a number of regulated industries.
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for setting and meeting business goals at BDO and review of their results. S/he will be in charge for the assignment of specific tasks across teams and employees of the Company, as well as for their timely and qualitative performance. The Internal Auditor will be responsible also for the introduction, performance and adherence of internal procedures and policies at the Company, as well as for their compliance with requirements set by law.
In line with the Risk Advisory Department’s objectives, the Internal Auditor will be directly involved in client engagements, mainly through outsourcing or co-sourcing of the internal audit function. The Internal Auditor will work closely with BDO’s clients, establishing an internal audit plan, executing internal audit cycles as agreed with the clients’ management and boards of directors, and reporting to the clients’ boards of directors or audit committees.
- Perform the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations;
- Identify and assess areas of significant risk for the business;
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit practices;
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.;
- Prepare and present reports that reflect the results of an audit and document process;
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement;
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures;
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee;
- Manage resources and audit assignments in a timely and efficient manner;
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls;
- Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with the local and international best practices;
- Compile and implement Internal Audit plans;
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks;
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes;
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to management, board of directors and/or Audit Committees;
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- A recognized University Degree or equivalent in accountancy, internal audit business administration, finance, management or economics;
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant industry experience;
- Candidates who are partly qualified in an Internal Audit qualification or accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors would be considered an asset;
- Understanding of the Company’s business, its technical, financial, and organizational structure;
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Understanding of fintech products;
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent analytical skills;
- Critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control structure;
- Remarkable presentation and report writing skills and display incredible business acumen.
If the above describes you and you enjoy working in a challenging environment with ample room for growth, this call is for you.
To apply please send us your detailed CV together with a covering letter. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
BDO - People Helping People Achieve Their Dreams