Internal Audit Graduate
04 August 2022
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Internal Audit Graduate
Contact: Marie Clare Cilia
At BDO, you will gain exposure to an international environment leading to very good career progression prospects and continuing professional development exposure. This is a full-time position within a team of like-minded professionals, already engaged to provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-sized companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients across virtually all industries.
We utilize a vast network of resources, drawing upon diverse experiences to ensure our clients meet increasingly challenging regulatory and business requirements.
About the role
A vacancy for the position of an Internal Audit Graduate has arisen within our Risk Advisory Department. The role is an exciting opportunity for ideal candidates to get involved and build a consulting career in challenging areas, across a number of regulated industries.
The Internal Audit Graduate will form an integral part of BDO’s Internal Audit team of professionals and will assist in meeting business goals.
In line with the Risk Advisory Department’s objectives, the Internal Audit Graduate will assist in client engagements, mainly through outsourcing or co-sourcing of the internal audit function. The Internal Audit Graduate will work closely with BDO’s Internal Audit Team and conduct engagements entrusted by BDO’s clients.
- Assist in the performance of full audit cycles including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations;
- Assist in the identification and assessment of areas of significant risk for the business;
- Assist in the implementation of best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit practices;
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.;
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of reports that reflect the results of an audit and document process;
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures;
- Manage assignments in a timely and efficient manner;
- Assist in the identification and reduction of all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls;
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with the local and international best practices;
- Assist in the implementation of Internal Audit plans;
- Assist in the completion of accurate and timely audit information which is reported to clients’ management, board of directors and/or Audit Committees.
- Be in possession of a university degree or equivalent qualification in accountancy;
- Have good verbal and written communication (English).
- Previous experience in internal audit engagements will be considered an asset.
- Strong conceptual and problem-solving skills;
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and have strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent analytical skills;
- Critical thinker with a keen interest in improving an organization’s internal control structure;
- Remarkable presentation and report writing skills and display incredible business acumen.
If the above describes you and you enjoy working in a challenging environment with ample room for growth, this call is for you. BDO is committed to support the ideal candidate in obtaining an Internal Audit qualification or accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors.
To apply please send us your detailed CV together with a covering letter. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
BDO - People Helping People Achvieve Their Dreams