Information Security Advisor
06 September 2022
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Information Security Advisor
Contact: Marie Clare Cilia
BDO’s Technology Advisory services help our clients to ensure that their systems deliver the maximum business benefit while minimising the inherent risks.
Whether you already have technical experience or just the desire to work in this field, we would like you to become a part of this fast-growing business area that provides opportunity for professional development, further training and career progression.
Part IT Security consultant, part business advisor, you will keep up with the latest technology trends in this constantly developing role. There are many distinct elements in the services we provide, so your work will remain varied and challenging.
- Delivering a portfolio of technology assurance engagements including external security assessment (e.g. ISO27001), gaming audits, privacy assessments or advisory, IT internal audits and service auditor reports (e.g. ISAE3402);
- Engage with clients to understand the lifecycle of data in their operations, assess the relevant security & privacy measures that are in place, determine the applicable security requirements, and define a strategy to help the organization achieve regulatory compliance while minimizing the impact to the business;
- Maintaining communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure that engagement deadlines and quality expectations are met;
- Helping senior management develop the Technology Advisory portfolio, by supporting business development, practice management and thought leadership activities;
- Monitor market developments and keeping up to date with the latest technology and environment practices;
- Support initiatives to embed quality through learning and other activities;
- Support other Technology Advisory propositions;
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality;
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, Management Information Systems or other relevant field preferrable.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience within a corporate, consulting or technology advisory and assurance firm; or within an environment of information security, consulting or risk services as a Technology Subject Matter Expert
- Prior experience performing security assessments within a corporate advisory environment will be considered an asset
- Certified Information System Auditor ("CISA"), or equivalent certifications will be considered an asset.
Why being a part of the BDO Technology Advisory team may be right for you.
Our professionals provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-size companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients in virtually all industries.
We utilize a vast network of resources, proprietary tools, drawing upon diverse experiences to ensure our clients’ meet increasingly challenging regulatory and business requirements.
Working at BDO is all about richer relationships – within our network, with our clients and around the world.
To apply please send us your detailed CV together with a covering letter.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
BDO - People Helping People Achieve Their Dreams