15 September 2022
Location: BDO Malta
Job title: Auditor
Contact: Marie Clare Cilia
At BDO, you will gain exposure to an international environment leading to very good career progression prospects and continuing professional development exposure. This is a full-time position within a team of like-minded professionals, already engaged to provide services to companies with operations around the globe. From mid-sized companies to public listed entities, BDO Malta serves clients across virtually all industries.
Due to its continuous investment and growth, BDO Malta is seeking to recruit an Auditor.
- Complete small audits with minimal supervision
- Act as an in-charge on large audits and oversee the work performed by junior members of staff to ensure that the work done is in accordance with the BDO Audit Methodology
- Be familiar and experienced in the use standards and regulations governing the profession (IFRS, GAPSME, ISA, Companies Act)
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with clients and ensure client satisfaction, on both quality and delivery
- Monitor the progress of the engagement team against the plan and alter it when needed
- Effectively utilize advanced capabilities of audit technology tools and other firm standard software to meet engagement objectives and enhance service delivery
- Communicate ideas/opinions and information to the audit team and listen/respond to other team members views
- Foster an efficient, innovative, and team-oriented work environment
- Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members
- Be conscious of professional liability
- Refer ethical, independence and conflict issues associated with clients and assignments to the Manager
- Demonstrate project management skills and effectively manage their own time across different engagements
- Develop understanding of client industries and identify value added recommendations + ensure being up to date on the continuously changing industries in which the firm’s clients form part of
- To assist manager in reviewing the audit work from planning through to execution and completion stage
Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience working in Audit required;
- In the process of obtaining an ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent qualification;
- Completely fluent in the English language and preferably Maltese;
- Strong communicator and self-motivated;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. Our friendly and inclusive culture is built around our core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationship helping you reach your maximum potential.
In addition to an industry-competitive salary package, BDO offers an environment that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
We offer the exciting opportunities, personal development, and long-term growth that only a growing firm like BDO Malta can provide. We are committed to your ongoing progress to help you achieve a unique and refined skill-set. In addition, we take pride in offering health, wellbeing and workplace benefit programs, as well as the range of social activities. At BDO, you will enjoy coming to work, collaborating within a community of like-minded professionals.
To apply please send us your detailed CV together with a covering letter.
Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
BDO - People Helping People Achieve Their Dreams